The phrase “personal information” refers to any information by which you or the device you are using to connect to the Internet can be identified. We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this website (this includes any information that you may provide (i) while registering as a member, (ii) engaging in transactions, (iii) searching products and/or services, etc.), mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in chats, forums, opinion polls, surveys, bulletin boards, discussion boards or in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our affiliates or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
The types of personal information we may obtain include:
- Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, or phone number)
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites
- Your billing address
- Your shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number) or shipping information of other people to whom purchases have been shipped at your request
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth and gender)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device on which you install our mobile applications when applicable. Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites and product searches conducted by you Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties (for e.g. updated delivery addresses provided by our carriers, etc.)
- In addition, when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type) URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our websites
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you for membership at our websites, and manage and maintain your account on the sites
- Provide products or services you request
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions,[arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make on our sites
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonials about Toonyport, including on our websites and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state)
- Manage your participation in our events and other promotions
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyse and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read) Analyse trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
We may combine the information we collect with publicly available information and information we receive from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about products, services and events that may be of interest to you, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information we share
These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities for the purposes of verification of identity, prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences or (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to Toonyport’s use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain Toonyport offerings or site features. Here are the choices we offer: Sharing Information with Business Partners
You may choose not to receive marketing email and promotional communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites.
When you use a Toonyport application on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our sites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
You may not choose to opt-out of non-promotional communications. If you wish not to receive any non-promotional communication from us, you may choose to terminate your account with Toonyport.
Access and correction
Links to Other Websites
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer encryption to protect certain of your purchase information while in transit.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Toonyport account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our sites. Please note that we will never ask for your Toonyport account user name or password via email.
Toonyport does not direct its websites to children under the age of eighteen. We require registered users of the site to be at least eighteen years old. If we learn that a user is under eighteen years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
How to contact us